Medela Moms’ The Breastfeeding Club held its baby shower and since I was not a member, I had to pay 500Php registration fee. I don’t think I would have gone if it wasn’t for my friend Beth who is a member and couldn’t attend because she’s having her ge-lai/gue-lai* after giving birth to baby Rori. I went on her behalf.
I’m glad I did because:
- It was different, at least for me. It was a baby shower for many moms-to-be like me, and it was us who got to win the prizes for the games and raffle.
- Although I didn’t get to be introduced to the other moms, it was fun and everyone seems friendly to everyone.
- I got to buy insect repellent wristbands from Mommy Matters for the kids to try. Rix and I were looking out for inexpensive ones especially now that Dengue cases are on the rise again.
- I won a week’s supply of Mommy Treats’ lactation cookies and muffins from a Baby Charades game, and I also got to meet the mompreneur Ms. Paola. I think I would need these after I give birth.
- I also won 2 boxes of Pro-Lacta tablets.
- And my name got called when a baby sling from Mamaway was being raffled off. Yey! I’m glad I got to talk with the entrepreneur behind Mamaway (I forgot to ask her name, silly me!), she told me that my bra size seems like a medium. I think I’m gonna get nursing bra two as shown on their site.