Happy New Year!
Welcome to the third installment of my new blog feature called The Master and her Piece!
It’s an interview I do with women who inspire me and others to live and create better. I ask questions about their masterpieces or their works, their inspiration and ideas, their motivation, their challenges and their advice; to hopefully encourage my readers, too.
I have known Dimple Lim since elementary. We were classmates, batchmates, schoolmates. She became my neighbor and we would drop letters in each other’s mailboxes. I miss that!
Anyway, I believe creativity and hard work go together for Dimple. She had a dream and she took steps to achieve it. She studied, she created and now she’s a fashion designer with her own brand and collection.
Thank you, Dimple, for sharing with us your masterpiece and time in answering this short interview.
1. Please tell me something about this masterpiece. A brief background.
This a wedding gown for a very beautiful and creative photographer
2. What inspires you to create your masterpiece? Where do you get your amazing ideas?
One important key in creating a commissioned work is both parties should be open to new ideas. When you get this right, inspiration will naturally flow. Inspiration will come in the most unimaginative ways.
3. What motivates you to keep creating? Even if the little details seem so mundane, what pushes you to go on?
It is an integral part of my life and it has become a part of my lifestyle. I find joy in making people feel beautiful.
4. What was the biggest challenge you have encountered while creating your masterpiece? How did you overcome it?
I didn’t see any big challenge at all. Creating is like a puzzle game, you keep on looking for the next piece until you come up with the big picture.
5. What advice would you give to anyone who is toying with ideas, or in the process of putting her passion into action?
Just play along! Creativity is innate in all of us, you just have to trust yourself.
I love it when Dimple said that “creating is like a puzzle game.” Do you agree?
You can follow her on Facebook!