For a stay-at-home-mom, getting all dressed up, going to the mall or dining out with the husband and the kids spell excitement for me. And when we go on vacation out-of-town or abroad, I’m cymply blown away!
When I’m not out buying donuts or traveling with most of the house in our bags, I could be found feeding, bathing, and fussing over the kids at home. Every.single.day. Who am I to complain? This was my choice and I am really grateful I could do these things. I think of my previous nannies and how they had to leave their own children with relatives, then go take care of others people’s children just so they could support their families. Quite sad, no?
It’s just that the monotony of it all sometimes has me asking: Is this really what I’m supposed to do? Am I doing this right? And the question from my post A Billion Entrepreneurs: What is my purpose?
I believe that knowing God’s will for us is the ultimate way to know what our purpose is. How do we find God’s will? The best place to look is in the Bible.
With the help of a reading plan from YouVersion, I discovered clues on how to find my life purpose. And I would like to share them with you. I have also made a downloadable file that we could print out and place in our homes or workplaces.
16 Clues to Discovering God’s Purpose for our lives:
- My purpose makes others think about God.
- Something I am good at is part of my purpose.
- I keep my eyes open for clues to my purpose!
- God will make me strong so I can do my purpose.
- Caring about something special is part of my purpose.
- My purpose makes others praise God, too!
- Knowing God’s Word reminds me of my purpose.
- God teaches me about my purpose.
- My purpose is made from every part of my life.
- My purpose helps others.
- God’s Word heals my heart so I can do my purpose.
- God will make the path to my purpose straight!
- I will do my purpose when I trust God.
- When I do my purpose, it makes a path for Jesus.
- When I hide God’s Word in my heart, God grows bigger in my life.
- When I listen to God, my brain will change and He will show me my purpose!
My two little ones would sometimes make me question my existence when they would pipe up, “Mama, what are you doing here?” A simple yet profound question, right? What am I doing here anyway? 🙂
How about you? What are YOU doing here? If you want to discover God’s purpose for you, you can download this one page list of purpose clues.
After you have downloaded it, let me know what you think. Did the link work? Was it helpful? 🙂